Friday, July 17, 2009

Pillows

Ok I am a little embarrassed to admit this, but my children have never had a new pillow that belonged to them alone. When they were little I gave them old pillows that were somewhat flat because they were so small. Since that time they have just had hand-me-downs from Allan and I. When we returned from the Philippines last August, we each got a pillow that we had left at my parents house 3 years before. The kids each thought they could remeber the one they had left behind and were thrilled with tha little bit of the past. Back in May after our decision to remain in the US, I decided that I needed to ditch the sorry pillow Allan and I were using and buy new ones for us. Since that time, I have felt a little guilty that my kids do not also have new pillows. So yesterday the kids and I went out and I let them pick their own new one (within a reasonable $$). They have been so excited and funny about it. We had to try everyone at JC Pennys. I thought at any moment Will was going to start trying them out on the sample beds. I tried to take their pictures, but being 14 and 12 they wouldn't cooperate. I guess it was a little bizarre. So here are the 2 pictures I tried to snap. Were they pleased with their purchase? The morning after verdict was that the pillows were soft and they slept wonderfully.
Isn't this a pathetic way to begin blogging again?? Maybe I should post some pictures from our recent trip to DC

No comments:

About Us

Allan & Ginger Gilmer, Philippine Mission P.O. Box 2035 Antipolo, Rizal 1870 Philippines