Tuesday, November 06, 2007

More from the Grocery Store

A few weeks ago I posted a picture of some cleaning supplies. The same day I took that picture, I also took this one. It is of Chef Boyardee Ravioli. I had never seen that here before and really contemplated buying some. When the kids were little and Al and I went out for the evening, or Al was on call and we didn't eat at the hospital, the kids would have a can of Chef Boyardee. Ravioli was one of their favorites. So I thought we could take a trip down memory lane one day for lunch or dinner. That is until I saw the price.....337 pesos! For a can of Ravioli???? Ravioli, that to me, is only fair at best. That's over $7. Obviously Memory Lane can get expensive. I put the can back and decided we can take that trip when we are home on furlough.


By the way, people really look at you strange when you take pictures in the grocery store. When you walk off, they always go and look at whatever you were taking a picture of. I try to be inconspicuous and wait until no one is around, but the flash always gives me away and it is rare to be anywhere alone in this city. I guess I would do the same if someone was taking a picture of a shelf in Walmart.

No comments:

About Us

Allan & Ginger Gilmer, Philippine Mission P.O. Box 2035 Antipolo, Rizal 1870 Philippines