Monday, September 17, 2007

Fall is in the air

While we were home this summer, I got a new computer. I really like it and at the side of my screen sits a cool little gadget sidebar. You can have all kinds of neat widgets on it. I have a calendar, a little slide show of pictures we took in the states this summer and 3 rectangles that tell me the current temp with a cartoon picture of conditions in Manila, Greenwood, and Pine Mountain. I have really enjoyed this feature until yesterday. Here I sit at 4:45 PM in an outfit I have worn month after month for over 2 years. It gets worn week after week, month after month because we are in perpetual summer. It is cooler here today than it has been in recent days, but my computer tells me that at 4:45 am in Greenwood the temp is currently 58 degrees. Oh fall is coming to the upstate and we left just before its arrival. In another month the leaves will be in a full array of reds, yellows and oranges, and I won't see them. How sad! I guess I will have to take the kids to the pool one afternoon this week to make myself feel better. I love to swim so it's a good thing we can do that year round, but I do miss fall. I guess I better quit torturing myself and remove the US weather from my desktop before the weather really turns cool there.

No comments:

About Us

Allan & Ginger Gilmer, Philippine Mission P.O. Box 2035 Antipolo, Rizal 1870 Philippines