Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy 4th of July!

I typed the following blog on the 4th of July. We have been on dial up though so I had a hard time uploading the pictures. So now 2 weeks later, here it is.....

After 10 days in Greenwood, we are back at my parent’s lake house in Pine Mountain, GA. My whole family is here for the week and we are enjoying being back together again. The cousins have jumped right back into their relationship like they have never been apart. We have spent the last few days fishing, boating, and lazing around together. We just finished our lunch extravaganza of b-b-q and later will head over to Callaway Gardens for their 4th celebration. There will be a concert by the Swinging Medallions with beach dancing followed by fireworks. In case you are wondering, I'm sure Emily will dance in the roped off dance area, but Allan will not. Here are a few pictures of the day so far.




Getting ready to eat


The kids table



Mimi's famous flag cake
Emily, Beth and Pop picked the blueberries yesterday

A 4th of July tradition...
Pop always leads the kids in the Pledge of Allegiance
I discovered, much to my dismay,
that Will doesn't remember the Pledge.
He of course does know the Philippine national anthem

No comments:

About Us

Allan & Ginger Gilmer, Philippine Mission P.O. Box 2035 Antipolo, Rizal 1870 Philippines