Monday, February 26, 2007

How did that happen?

Since my parents came and we took so many great pictures, I try to keep the camera with me in my purse for interesting pictures. Last Sunday while driving home from church, we came upon the following scene at the top of the hill about 200 yards before the turn to our street. You have to wonder what happened.

In case you are wondering what type of truck this is, it is a water truck. It delivers water to homes and squatter areas. In previous posts I have talked about water tanks on our roof. When we were without water for so long last fall, this type of truck came to fill up our tanks when they ran dry. In the squatter areas, sometimes people build or dig wells to fill with water.

***After posting the above blog, one of our faithful readers sent us the following email. It was too good not to share:

"I loved the photo of the water truck this AM.
I could not resist a few puns.

Perhaps the driver was “tipsy”?
Maybe he was “sloshed”?
Maybe he was “barreling” down the road?
I think he was “tanked up” on something.
Maybe he was “rolling” in the profits from his water business?
I know this accident will cause a “flood” of concerns about safety.

Sorry…….my cup runneth over with puns.

Rob"

Thanks Rob- you made me laugh!

No comments:

About Us

Allan & Ginger Gilmer, Philippine Mission P.O. Box 2035 Antipolo, Rizal 1870 Philippines