Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Wet Dry Market

With my parents visit and the busyness of the Christmas season, I haven’t been able to blog about all the things I have in my head. I am aware that I never finished the tour of the clinic that we began last summer. Hopefully I will get back to that in the New Year.

Today, I thought I would share some pictures from my trip with Pop to the wet dry Market here in Antipolo. I don’t do a whole lot of shopping here because the fish smell about does me in. Emily and Will hate the smell and also seeing all the meat hanging. I am more comfortable shopping at the local grocery store, Shopwise. It is similar to grocery stores in the states. So boring missionary that I am, I stick with the familiar. If you are ever out our way though and want to take a trip to the market, I will be glad to take you there. You, like Pop, may decide that the grocery store is the place for us! By the way, my Mom opted to stay home and get some things done at the house.



Approaching the Wet Dry Market from the street
Fish anyone?
A man hawking his fish
Pork

Want some chicken feet?
How about some chicken heads?
Ahh, this is more like it... eggs
Beautiful fruit
Pop shopping for dalandans--a native orange that's green

of course we have rice!


No comments:

About Us

Allan & Ginger Gilmer, Philippine Mission P.O. Box 2035 Antipolo, Rizal 1870 Philippines