Friday, August 26, 2005

"and a great cry arose from the people"

It is Friday at 1:45 (pm here, am there) After 8 days of no phone we are back online. Just moments ago the phone rang next door telling us service had been restored. You have never seen such happy people. Even Elaina the Nelsen's katulong(helper) cheered and I am not sure the phone being off has effected her life too much. Al had already left for clinic so I took it upon myself to replug the dsl back into the wall and voila' here I am. It was wonderful to feel connected to the world again. I read the emails from family and friends with tears in my eyes. Our lives weren't too impacted by the loss of phone service, but it sure is nice to be able to find out what is happening a world away. Didn't even know there was another hurricane!
Ginger

No comments:

About Us

Allan & Ginger Gilmer, Philippine Mission P.O. Box 2035 Antipolo, Rizal 1870 Philippines