Thursday, September 03, 2009

Sweatshirts and Jeans??

There's a nice little breeze blowing through my windows this morning. Last Monday a cool front blew in bringing with it the first hints of fall. I quickly turned off the ac and threw open the windows to relish in the cool weather. I really love fall. It's my favorite time of year. While I have struggled with not being in the Philippines, I am thankful to spend another Autumn in the upstate of South Carolina. The days have been sunny with highs in the upper 70s and low humidity; just about near perfect. The kids on the other hand are acting like it is in the 40s. Every morning they wake up and put on bluejeans and sweatshirts. I am still in my summer PJs or Capri pants. I wonder if this is still a by-product of living in the Philippines. It never felt this nice there and the humidity rarely dropped below 80%. It's a good thing we didn't return home to someplace like Montana. They would have never survived. For me, I am going to enjoy this brief taste of fall while it lasts. This being the South, I'm sure summer will return, probably with a vengeance, before fall is here to stay.
Here's a picture of the boy taken just moments ago.
Notice he also has on Wool Ski socks. He's CRAZY!
Here's our new High Schooler! She had ditched her sweatshirt while I was typing this blog. It was just too cute a picture to not post. Besides it gives you a little glimpse into our home school life.

No comments:

About Us

Allan & Ginger Gilmer, Philippine Mission P.O. Box 2035 Antipolo, Rizal 1870 Philippines