Tuesday, April 21, 2009

What am I doing right now?

I haven't quite joined the Twitter age or posting blogs from my cell phone about what I am doing moment by moment. To be honest, it would be really boring, but I thought this morning I would let you have a peek into my life. Right at this moment I am giving the Iowa Test of Basic Skills to a group of homeschoolers (including my 2). Once I get each section started, I have 15 to 30 minutes of silence. I am thankful for wireless internet so I can get on my laptop and check emails and such, but I should have brought a book.

1 comment:

Heemstra Family said...

Ginger,

I stumbled upon your blog while googling "philippine missions". I've thoroughly enjoyed reading about your missionary adventure. I was reading it backward and had fun as I neared the blogs in June 2007. As you wrote about a huge donation of pill bottles (so funny), my husband and I were in Manila picking up our adopted toddler from Hospicio de San Jose. What an amazing experience! We toured the Pacific War Memorial and Corregidor Island as you have.

I left a piece of my heart in Manila and promised that someday I would come back. Currently we are ministering at a Calvary church in Port Townsend, WA. I homeschool my older children, our adopted child, TJ is only 3. We sense God preparing us for a change in ministry, though we are not sure when or where. Part of me hopes He will send us back to Manila.

Well, that's enough about me. I was wondering if you might tell me how you came to minister in Manila what the current missionary needs are.

Hope you are enjoying your time in the states. I know furlough is not the "vacation" many people assume it is.

~ Marci in WA

heemstrafamily@gmail.com

About Us

Allan & Ginger Gilmer, Philippine Mission P.O. Box 2035 Antipolo, Rizal 1870 Philippines