Monday, July 07, 2008

What's Shaking?

Last night, I left Allan and the kids downstairs watching a DVD of the Andy Griffith Show while I went upstairs to put on my jammies. While I was up there, I decided to do a couple sudoku puzzles. I was lying on the bed working one, when the bed began to shake. Then the windows began to rattle. Hmmm, I thought. "I wonder if they feel this downstairs?" The shaking stopped and I went back to my puzzle. A few minutes later Allan came to the kitchen to fix a drink. "Did you feel that shaking?" I asked. His reply was "What shaking?" "I think we just had an earthquake."
Allan and the kids soon joined me upstairs and the shaking was forgotten. About 9:15 Al got on the internet to check email and the news. "Hey Ginger, listen to this...'A 4.5-magnitude earthquake shook several portions of Luzon at 8:01 Sunday night, the Philippine Institute for Volcanology and Seismology said....'" The epicenter was quite a ways from us making our region only felt intensity 3 which causes little damage and not everyone can feel. That explains why Allan and the kids didn't feel it, but three floors up the house shook a bit. I do have to say living in the Pacific Ring of Fire is never dull- typhoons, tsunamis, earthquakes and volcanoes

No comments:

About Us

Allan & Ginger Gilmer, Philippine Mission P.O. Box 2035 Antipolo, Rizal 1870 Philippines