Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Flame Tree

In 2001 before we went to Kenya, a friend recommended I read the book "The Flame Trees of Thika: Memories of an African Childhood". It is the story of a 6 year old British girl who moves to Kenya with her family. I don't really remember too much about the book except the name and as far as I know we never saw a flame tree during the 9 weeks we were in Kenya. Naively, I thought this tree was indigenous to Africa. Imagine my surprise when we moved here to be told the beautiful tree in our back yard is a flame tree. Each year as hot season begins to draw to a close, the flame trees begin to bloom their bright orange blossoms. I love these trees. Their display of color is just gorgeous. It may even rank above Azaleas in Augusta, GA. So enjoy this view of our backyard. It is what I see when looking out the kitchen or bedroom windows.

No comments:

About Us

Allan & Ginger Gilmer, Philippine Mission P.O. Box 2035 Antipolo, Rizal 1870 Philippines