Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Mr Clean

When I was a young newlywed, just beginning to keep a house of my own, my Mom recommended a great cleaning product--Mr Clean. I really liked old Mr Clean. We have spent many a day cleaning the bathrooms and the floors together. Well, times change and people move on and grow apart. Mr clean and I have been distant for some time now. Just last week though, I saw Mr. Clean's cousin here in the PI. This is the Filipino Mr. Clean.....Maestro Limpio. I am going to have to look into this though because that is not the word I know for clean. ***On further inspection, I have discovered that this isn't Mr Clean's Filipino cousin, but his Spanish one. I could not figure out what the second word was in Tagalog. It didn't translate clean. The Tagalog word for clean is malinis. Of course the Cebuano (one of the other languages in the PI) word for clean is limpiyo. I am sure that is due to the couple hundred years of being a Spanish colony. By the way, I didn't buy Maestro Limpio. I stuck with the brand I normally buy...Kleen. This is probably more than you wanted to know about my life in the Philippines. If you think we are living some exotic life in a foreign land, I guess this is proof that our life is just a tad bit boring and mundane, just like in the US.

No comments:

About Us

Allan & Ginger Gilmer, Philippine Mission P.O. Box 2035 Antipolo, Rizal 1870 Philippines