Monday, November 28, 2005

"Where did you buy that? Walmart?"

Sundays we travel about 40 minutes into Metro Manila to go to church. Our church meets in the top floor of a building that is being renovated to become a shopping area. It is in the business district and there is a really nice 5 story mall across the street. Filipinos love malls! We often go there to look for things we can't find closer to home. This Sunday I decided the kids really needed a pitcher for water in their bathroom. I am tired of Emily tromping down the stairs each night when she should be in bed to "just get a drink of water". Since we can't drink what comes from the tap I decided they need a pitcher they can just keep filled from the filter in the kitchen. OK I ccould find this elsewhere, but I decided this was the time to do it. So Sunday Allan and Will went off to ACE Hardware while Emily and I went to the SM dept store to find some plate stands, taper candles, and some type of plastic pitcher for their bathroom. Being girls, Em and I wanted to find one that matched the color decor. We finally settled on the one you see in the picture. I checked underneath for the price and was pleased that it was just over a dollar. It was then I noticed the tag. Do you see it? It has a Walmart 87 cent sticker on it! We have gotten a big kick out of that. I should have known that a country who would have a whole store in the mall selling Dickies work pants that they sell at Kmart would sell a cheap Walmart pitcher in the equivalent of Macy's---ok so maybe JC Pennys. By the way the pitcher says Made in the USA. My guess is not.




A whole store devoted to Dickie work pants!

No comments:

About Us

Allan & Ginger Gilmer, Philippine Mission P.O. Box 2035 Antipolo, Rizal 1870 Philippines