Wednesday, November 09, 2005

This weeks Lunch!

We have gotten so many comments about the lunch on the lanaii post below that I thought I would share with you this week's menu. Cindy was in charge this week and Scott decided they should serve a fish that Allan and I hadn't tried yet. It's a small fish commonly referred to as "gg". It was a little disconcerting when after the prayer Scott said, "Ahh, I love the head! It's just like potato chips." and then proceeded to crunch right into it. The fish itself was good although there is very little meat and teeny tiny bones. I gave my head to Scott who I think appreciated it more than I ever could. I realize it is a psychological thing, but I just couldn't gear myself up to eat it. Maybe next time. Allan on the other hand had no such qualms and ate 2 whole fish.
Tonight we are having another Filipino dish recommended by our helper Dhel. We are having Siomai (pronounced Shou My). If you have ever had potstickers (one of our favorites) at a Chinese restaurant, I think these are very similar. They are steamed in the top of our rice cooker. I snuck one as Dhel took them out of the steamer a few minutes ago and they were fantastic! We are also having fresh pineapple. Pineapples, Mangos, and Bananas are amazing here. We may be spoiled for life for eating fruit in the US. Tonight the pineapple will be so sweet you would think we had sprinkled it with sugar. YUM!


Joey eating gg

No comments:

About Us

Allan & Ginger Gilmer, Philippine Mission P.O. Box 2035 Antipolo, Rizal 1870 Philippines