Thursday, April 26, 2012

It's time for a change

In light of my last post, I decided it was time for a blog makeover. (and also because I figured out how to change it)  Allan and I started this blog in 2005, before the days of facebook, as a way to keep in touch with our family, friends, and supporters and let them see a glimpse into our new life in a new culture. What I didn't know at the time was that would become a place for me to journal and work through some of the things God was teaching me. During most of our time in the Philippines, I tried to blog about twice a week. Lots of it was goofy as we learned to adapt to living overseas and made plenty of mistakes. Some of it was serious as God changed us through serving Him in missions and our hearts broke at things that break His heart. It's also been a record of the growth of our kids over the last 7 years.

Over a year ago our mission agency closed it's books and ceased to exist and we  removed our website from the internet. Therefore, it's probably time that this blog was called something other than Philippine Mission. I could have just begun a new one, but I don't want to just start over. My life has been a journey of faith as I have traveled with God and towards God. Traversing life's peaks and valleys has shaped me into who I am and hopefully, if I let it, who God wants me to become. The last 7 years have been an important part of that shaping and becoming and I don't want to lose sight of what the Lord has taught me, but it is also time to move beyond defining my life as Philippine Mission. I want the title of this blog to reflect who I am today.

So who am I? a wife, a mother, a daughter, a friend; a middle-aged stay at home mom on the brink of being an empty-nester? Yes, I am all of those things, but I want to be defined by so much more: a God seeker, passionate about and for Christ. Seeking to glorify Him in every aspect of my life, caring for the least of these, and living a life that shows His love has radically changed me.


Living Recklessly Abandoned to Christ, without care or regard for consequences.
Never holding back. 


I want this to be the motto of my life so I think it is a good place for the new name of this blog to come from. Whether I'm in the Philippines, or Kenya, or Greenville, SC, or some obscure little place I haven't even heard of yet......or  just in my own home, I want to be recklessly abandoned to the One who gave me life and gave up His life for me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

telescope loupe is an online store selling fine optics; watches, electronics, radio controlled clocks and jewelry. We have been in operations since 1974. Currently, we only carry a few carefully selected merchandise that our customers have selected as their favorites. However, we are constantly searching the world to locate innovative merchandise.
Please stay tuned by joining our list to receive special offers; and learn about our latest exciting new products. Your privacy is very important to us; we will not share your information with any third party. Shop with confidence; our site is SSL encrypted for the security of your personal information.

About Us

Allan & Ginger Gilmer, Philippine Mission P.O. Box 2035 Antipolo, Rizal 1870 Philippines