Thursday, November 06, 2008

The Beauty of Fall

I have so many pictures and things I want to blog about, but life keeps moving forward full steam ahead and things like blogging and emails seem to be pushed to the bottom of the stack. Tomorrow I am leaving for my Grandfather's memorial and I wanted to dump some pictures off the camera before leaving. I just had to share a few that I have taken over the last few days. I need to preface this by saying WE LOVE FALL!!! I always loved this season, but this year it is better than ever.
Here is the gorgeous view from our patio: The colors are spectacular,
but the camera just doesn't do them justice.
God has really blessed us with our rental house.
The view of the woods behind the house is amazing.

This afternoon the kids and I went out to my parents' house for a few hours. They are already in Gulf Shores, but the kids felt the need to canoe on the lake a bit. I was helping Em finish a bit of schoolwork when looking outside, I saw Will raking leaves up in the yard. I thought, "How sweet! He's helping out Pop without even being asked."

I should have known better. He had ulterior motives. Those golden, orange, red and brown leaves were just crying out to be raked into a pile and jumped into.

The kids had a grand time jumping, throwing, and sliding in the leaves. At one point in the afternoon, Emily said, "I just love the sound of walking in crunchy leaves." If you haven't made it up toward the Carolina mountains this year, you are missing a great treat.
It's beautiful!


2 comments:

Ellen said...

SO fun!! We have tons of leaves in our backyard waiting to be raked up by Davis and I! I think by seeing your blog, I've just been given the motivation I need for our fun!!

AJ said...

Hi Mrs. Gilmer! Me and my wife, an avid reader of your blog. I hope you would not mind me adding your blog address to my blog roll. God bless.. :D Sory, off-topic.

About Us

Allan & Ginger Gilmer, Philippine Mission P.O. Box 2035 Antipolo, Rizal 1870 Philippines