Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Family

In my last blog I told you a little bit about how crazy life has been. There has also been time to stop and enjoy the journey. It has been great to be back home with family. We were able to have nice visit in Birmingham with Allan's folks shortly after our arrival. The kids loved being spoiled by Nana and Gramps. It was a lot of fun and the kids and Allan even got in an afternoon of flying in Gramps plane between rain storms.
Lunch after church at Ruby Tuesdays with the Gilmers

Our first couple weeks were spent officially staying with my parents, although we traveled some of that time. Since last summer, they moved to the same town as my brother. They still live on a lake, but it is a little bigger (55 acres) and has the added benefit that the kids are allowed to swim in it. Emily and Will love jumping off the pontoon boat into the lake and swimming, especially with their cousins. Since we decided to settle in the same town, we have gotten to spend so much time with the cousins, the aunt and uncle, and the grandparents. Mimi and Pop have a big sleepover planned for Friday night with the 4 grandkids. Everyone is really excited, including Allan and I. We are headed on a double date with my brother and sister-in-law.

Boating on the pontoon
Will caught a dragon fly

Being in the same town as family has been really great. Last Saturday, we celebrated my Mom's birthday with lunch out at her favorite Mexican restaurant and then cake and ice cream at my brother's. I love being home and available to celebrate these days. After we stuffed ourselves, it was out to my parents for an afternoon of swimming and boating. We have truly been blessed with wonderful family, weather, and fun things to do.
Happy Birthday Mimi!
Mimi and the grandkids

No comments:

About Us

Allan & Ginger Gilmer, Philippine Mission P.O. Box 2035 Antipolo, Rizal 1870 Philippines