Monday, May 28, 2007

Shopping with Chris

My Sister-in-law, Chris, and I have always enjoyed shopping for our kids together. Having kids born a month apart often has us looking for similar sizes and items. When I lived in the states, we would shop for the kids when we were together. We have been known to call up from inside a store to let the other one know about a deal we just found and see if they want one. We have poured over Land's End and LL Bean catalogs and looked at items together on the net from 2 different states. With Vonage, we have even checked out items online together from diffenent countries. Recently, I found myself in a delimma. Emily needs a new swimsuit and I am..well...just slightly picky about her suits. I wanted something flattering and cute that was just right for a pre-teen girl, yet provided plenty of coverage. This is not an easy task even if you live in the US. Add in shopping from around the world and it becomes almost impossible. I looked here, but to no avail so I began catalog shopping. At this same time, Chris was out trying to find her girls a new suit too. She canvased stores looking for suits right for girls who can really no longer can wear kids suits, and are still a little small for ladies suits. Emily has moved into a size 2 or 4 ladies petite clothes in the last year. It is hard for me to believe, but at mid May, swimsuits are already beginning to be scarce on racks and sold out online. Finally, I found what I thought would be the perfect suit for Em. Since, we can't really try it on from 12 times zones away, Chris ordered it and had my niece, Beth try it on. She is the closest to Em's same size, just a little shorter and smaller. Success! So below is Beth in Em's new suit! Chris and I had fun shopping together again. Thanks Chris and LL Bean!!!
On a side note, Will was wanting a new game for his playstation. I told him that I could order it, but if he wanted it, the cost was $10 and he had to pay for it. His response..."How much is $10?....Is it 500 pesos?" His mind already values things by the peso as opposed to the dollar. I am still converting the other way.

No comments:

About Us

Allan & Ginger Gilmer, Philippine Mission P.O. Box 2035 Antipolo, Rizal 1870 Philippines