Thursday, October 12, 2006

How sweet it is

Ahh, we have water. Well we have had water since Tuesday actually, but we now have full water pressure. Yesterday, I had a warm shower for the first time in over 2 weeks. Since we had been off swimming with the kids and it was overcast and cool, I was a little cold...well ok so cold isn't really the right word, but it's all relative. I was cooler than normal I guess. It was so refreshing! In hot season there were times I never even turned the hot water on in the shower, but usually I like to at least start with a little warmth. When it is completely cold, it is a shock to my system. Allan had actually gotten a hot shower earlier in the week, but everytime I headed off to the shower the water pressure was not enough to get the water hot. We have a different hot water system than we were familiar with. Our water heater is gas, but instead of having a big tank filled with water and kept hot, our heater passes the water through coils and heats it as it's used, similar to a radiator. While the down side is that you have to have enough water pressure to trigger the heater and keep it heating, the good news is that as long as we have propane in our tank, no one can use all the hot water! This is important since Emily really enjoys nice long showers and baths. You will have to forgive the fact that I don't have a picture of my shower to go along with this blog. Since I love to attach pictures, here's two of Emily taken by some friends recently at lunch after church.

1 comment:

David, Greenwood SC said...

WOW!!! Look how much she has grown up in a year!!! Yes she looks like her Mother!!!(thats a good thing)

About Us

Allan & Ginger Gilmer, Philippine Mission P.O. Box 2035 Antipolo, Rizal 1870 Philippines