Saturday, September 16, 2006

"It's the Holiday Season..."

Do you ever notice that a lot of my blog titles and blogs have parts of songs in them? I always seem to have some song running through my head and often these are triggered by events around me. My best friend, Amy, doesn't realize that when she has called or we talk about her, either Allan or myself break into the song..."Amy, what you wanna do?..." by Pure Prairie League(now there's a blast from the 70's). Well this weekend there are other songs running around in my brain and I wish they would get out. In case you aren't aware, it's a -ber month. No, that doesn't mean things are turning colder here in the Philippines. It means that the months ending in -ber are official Christmas months. So September is the kick off to Christmas. Friday afternoon after picking the kids up from school, we ran by the grocery store to get 2 things. We walked in the store to the sounds of "The most wonderful time of the year" followed by "Feliz Navidad". Emily groaned and asked, "Already?" Our tv stations are playing the annual Christmas movies. At the Antipolo, Civic Center the Christmas Carnival has begun setting up. The malls have begun decorating and by October everything will be in full swing. I guess it's fitting then that I did some of my Christmas shopping online this week. It's not that I am already in the Christmas frame of mind, but my parents are coming at the beginning of November and the kids want a few things that are either only found in the US or much cheaper there. So let me be the first to greet you with a "Merry Christmas!"

No comments:

About Us

Allan & Ginger Gilmer, Philippine Mission P.O. Box 2035 Antipolo, Rizal 1870 Philippines